Despite the snow we received and the rainy weather, Halloween 2012 was a success in the Glass house. Josh and I were so excited to take Harrison trick or treating and even more excited that Josh's class on Wed. nights was moved to Thursday so he could come with us. Sadly, with the poor weather trick or treat was moved from Wed. to Thursday so Josh couldn't go with us. I almost didn't take Harrison by myself because he had been fighting a cold earlier that week. But the night came and he was feeling better, so we dropped Daddy off at class and headed out. Harrison was a little leery of going to the door at the first house, but once he realized those people put something in his bucket he was sold. We spent the next hour plus walking from house to house filling up with loot.
As Harrison's bucket got heavier and heavier, I tried to offer my assistance. He flatly refused and instead I got to carry him and his bucket. I think his favorite part was when someone would tell him to reach in and take whatever he wanted. He was not shy about sticking his little hand in their candy and grabbing all he could get. When we picked up Daddy from class, Harrison was itching to get his hands on the contents of his bucket. Once we got home we dumped out his loot and he tried to get us to give him all his candy at once.
Although he only got a little bit, the excitement of the night mixed with some sugar proved too much. Pretty soon he was bouncing off the walls. We finally got him settled down and off to bed to dream of all the candy. I realized that night that Halloween is so much more fun now that I can go trick or treating again. I can't wait until next year because I'm sure he won't really remember any of it from this year.
Getting ready to go!
Lots of candy!
Checking out his loot!
Getting a little bite of candy.
Don't take my stuff.
Daddy check out all my candy.
Don't you want to give this cute face more candy??
No comments:
Post a Comment