Thursday, March 8, 2012

Always on the Move

Now that Harrison has started crawling, he is always on the move.  Rarely will he sit still for a few minutes.  He is definitely keeping me on my toes.  Not only is he getting faster, but he is starting to pull himself up on things.  His favorite being the first step on our stairs.  If Josh or I walk up the stairs for a second, Harrison makes his way to the bottom step.  Even if he hasn't seen us go up, he seems to have radar that tells him we've climbed the stairs without him.  He's discovered there are many things he can now see and get.  And poor Molly! I'm always trying to redirect Harrison's attention from her.  Luckily she's a good ole dog and doesn't mind too much when he grabs her tail.  It's a good exchange since she gets lots of snacks now.

Aside from keeping Harrison out of trouble, Josh and I haven't been too busy.  I finally finished the crate I've been working on for Harrison's toys.  I think it turned out pretty well and it's nice to have a bigger place for his toys.  I've also started learning how to crochet.  Thankfully my mom showed me how to do the basic stitches and has supplied me with all the tools necessary.  Love you mom!  I started by trying to make a hat for Harrison.  The first attempt looked good, but was a little big.  The pattern was for a six month old but it fit me.  Apparently I'm a loose crocheter.  So I took it out and started again, this time trying to tighten my stitches.  I finished the second attempt yesterday and it actually fits Harrison (a little on the snug side) and looks like a hat.  I still have to work on consistency in my stitches but it's coming along. 

I'm also training for my first half-marathon.  I'm training with a friend and we go running in the morning before Josh has to go to work.  Josh has been a great support by helping me with Harrison at night so I can be rested to run in the morning.  Race day is June 2nd.  It seems like a long way off but I'm sure it will be here faster than I think.  It's only been a week but I can already tell a difference and can even fit into some jeans that I haven't worn since before I was pregnant.  

We're enjoying the nicer/warmer weather this week.  Hopefully it continues so we go outside some more.

Here are a couple of videos from yesterday.  Harrison thought it was really funny when I made a kissing sound.  Love his giggles.  The other shows his new mobility.



We went to the park the other night.  Harrison enjoyed the swing.

Harrison's new toy crate.



No comments:

Post a Comment