I've been a bit of a slacker on my posts lately. Things have been busy around here and I've lacked motivation. So this is going to be a long one.
Josh has been working and studying for the GRE. That's right, he's off to grad school again but this time WVU will foot the bill. He's applying to get another Masters, this time in Counseling. He really enjoys his job and this will help him in the future. Right now the plan is to get certified to be a guidance counselor in a high school. So we anxiously wait to see if he gets in for the Fall.
I've been busy keeping track of Harrison and trying to find my creative side. My first project was to stain a crate for Harrison's toys. I've had to find time here and there to work on it, but all I have to do now is apply the final protective coating and it will be ready to go. Good thing since his toys don't really fit in the bag we have for them. I spent a few days down at my sister Jessica's house this past week. She and Mike went on a trip to Florida (Mike had a conference to attend). My mom and I went down to watch their kids. We had a blast, despite the fact my mom was sick and lost her voice. I was even brave enough to take five boys to church by myself. It was good practice for the future and the boys were great. Harrison had a great time playing with his cousins.
Harrison will be seven months on the 26th. He's still growing like a weed. At his six month appointment he weighed 20 lbs 14 oz and was 28.5 inches long. He's been working on crawling since the end of January. He's been moving all over but mostly by rolling and scooting backwards. Just this last week, he started moving forward a couple of feet at a time. Usually he gets close enough to the object he wants and dives for it at the end. Today he actually got the motion down and was pretty consistent in crawling forward. Our poor dog Molly has to watch out now. Harrison followed her around the room today trying to grab her. Luckily she is really great with kids and just walked away or let him touch her. While at Jessica's, Harrison came down with a cold and it got worse the past few days. We took a trip back to the doctor's on Wed. and they said he probably has RSV. He's been pretty good, but hasn't had much of an appetite. He's had a nasty cough and a runny nose, but thankfully he's starting to sound/feel better. It hasn't kept him from playing and he's been pretty happy.
That's about it for now. I'll try and be better in the future and keep things updated.
 |
| We've been finding him in odd places. The couch is a favorite destination |
 |
| Starting him off early as a Red Sox fan! |
 |
| He would flip to this position whenever we were changing his diaper/clothes |
 |
| First time trying spaghetti. He liked it! |
 |
| He really likes fruit in his mesh teether. |
 |
| My two favorite boys. |
 |
| Harrison and Ben in the Mickey hats Nana made them. |
 |
| Ben, Harrison and Ellie |
No comments:
Post a Comment