Josh and I have been looking to upgrade our desk and entertainment stand for a while now. We couldn't really find any we liked and the few we did like we weren't willing to pay the price. So I came up with the idea of finding used furniture and refinishing it for our purposes. First project was a new entertainment stand. I wanted to take a used dresser and convert it to an entertainment stand. Josh caught my vision so we started looking on craigslist. We found one but it was in Teays Valley, luckily we were going down to visit and everything worked for us to close the deal. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit in our car so we left it in one of my parents storage units and my Mom planned to bring it up for us in a couple of weeks.
While waiting for the dresser to get to us, a new thrift store opened in Morgantown and I just had to go check it out. Enter project number two, a great desk that just needed a little TLC to make it work for us. It was way cheap and I couldn't pass it up. We got it home and then I went to work on trying to figure out what to do. I stumbled upon a Rustoleum Furniture Transformation kit and new that's what I would use for this. We got the Espresso color and I secretly hoped it would look ok when finished.
Well it took a few weeks (needed the weather to warm up) but the desk is finally finished. Here are the before and after pics. I think it turned out really well and now I can focus on the dresser (which made it up here when my mom came to visit!!). Just a little preview on what it will be like - red. I'm really excited and can't wait to see how it turns out.
BEFORE
AFTER
No comments:
Post a Comment