We've had a busy last couple of weeks. I feel like we've been going non-stop for a while but things are settling down now. We had a great Memorial Day weekend that included a trip to visit with Josh's family at the family farm in Webster Springs. Harrison had a great time with all the cousins and got to get his feet wet in the river.
Josh and I celebrated our third anniversary on the 29th of May. I can't believe it's been three years already. We've had a lot of changes this last year and it's been a blast. I look forward to seeing what this year has in store for us.
I ran my half marathon on June 2nd. I'm not going to lie, it was one of the hardest things I've done, but it was well worth the feeling of accomplishment as I crossed that finish line. I told Josh I never wanted to run that far again, but a few days later I was planning my next run. I maybe doing on at the beginning of September in Charleston. We'll see. . .
My little sister Katie got married on June 15th in the Oakland Temple, so that meant we got to fly out to California for a few days. Harrison did wonderfully on the flights there and back. He fell asleep almost every time the plane took off. We had so much fun visiting with my sister Amanda and her family. She had a new baby in April and we were able to be there for the baby blessing. We visited the Jelly Belly Factory and the Ghiradelli Chocolate Outlet!! It was really hot so we spent a lot of time swimming at the pool in Amanda's apartment complex. Harrison hadn't really been swimming since we took him when he was four months. He absolutely loved the water. He splashed around and kept sticking his face in the water. We even dunked him under a couple of times and he didn't cry at all. I'll have to plan on taking him here this summer. We took a day trip to Lake Tahoe that Josh missed out on that since he flew home a few days before me to get back to work. Katie's wedding was wonderful and she and her new husband Dave are very happy.
We are all home now and relaxing. Harrison is a little messed up with the time changes but I'm sure he'll get back on track soon.
 |
| After the Decker's Creek Half Marathon with Annie Sanders! |
 |
| Outside the Jelly Belly Factory |
 |
| At the Oakland Temple |
 |
| Swimming with Dad. |
 |
| This boy loved the water! |
 |
| At Lake Tahoe |
 |
| Harrison with is cousin Nicholas |
 |
| Dipping his feet in the ice cold water. He loved it! |
 |
| The Schirtzinger Grandkids. Sam, Christopher, Liam, Emma, Simon, Ben, Harrison and Nicholas. |
 |
| Harrison and Papa |
 |
| Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe |
 |
| Nana and Harrison |
I can't believe how grown up Harrison looks already! and Congrats on your half marathon! That is such an amazing accomplishment!
ReplyDelete