Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Slip Slidin' Away. . .

That's how I feel about the passage of time lately.  Josh has been encouraging me to update the blog, but it seems like the days just get away from me. There's always something that needs done or some place I need to go.  And lets face it, sometimes I just like to relax when I can get a moment to do so.  So this is going to be a long post.  I suggest you sit back, relax, and maybe grab a snack.

Since the last post, Harrison turned 9 months and has his Dr.'s appointment.  He's now 22.10 lbs and 30 in. tall.  His weight dropped to the 75th percentile but his height is still up in the 95th.  So he's still our tall and chunky boy.  It's often hard to tell he's bigger than other kids his age since we aren't around many.  But when he stood up next to an 18 month old at the dr.'s office and was only 2 inches shorter, I had no doubt he would tower over most other 9 month olds.  He checked out fine at the Dr.'s and only had to get one shot.  He's right on track developmentally (little bit of an overachiever when it comes to mobility) and was nothing but smiles for the Doc.  We won't have to go back until after he turns one.  It's crazy to think that his birthday is right around the corner.  Still trying to talk him into slowing down and staying my baby for a while longer, but he seems intent on growing up.  I think this is the constant battle all parents go through and will never win.  That's why I'm soaking up every minute I can.

Speaking of Harrison not slowing down, he's been standing without support for about a month or so but just recently started taking steps.  This past weekend, he took three steps from me to Josh.  Sometimes he gets a little excited and lunges at us instead of stepping.  If we can get him calm, he's pretty good at keeping his balance.  I have no doubt he'll be walking around in the next month or two.  Then I'll never be able to keep track of him.  He also got his SECOND haircut.  Thanks to Aunt Sara for cutting it for us.  She did a great job and gave me some tips so I can try the next time. 

Harrison and I spent some time up at my parents to help with some packing.  While we were gone, Josh cleaned out the garage and added a fresh coat of paint to the nasty walls.  We bought some shelves to help organize everything and it looks great.  Josh worked really hard and I'm so grateful for all he does.  Pretty soon we'll be redoing our laundry room.  We're going to put down tile and build a closet around the furnace and hot water tank.  We've already purchased the tile and just have to get the rest of the supplies.  We're really grateful for the senior missionary couple in our ward that is going to help us with their expertise.  I'll be sure to take before and after pics for all to see.

I'm still training for the half-marathon.  I can't believe it's less than a month away.  Our long runs on Sat. are getting longer and longer.  We did 8 miles this last Sat. and are doing 9.5 this weekend.  When we started I couldn't even imagine being able to run over 5 miles.  Now 13.1 doesn't seems so daunting.


 Now for what you've all really been waiting for. . . here are some pics from the last month.  Enjoy!

Rockin' the shag, but it was time for a haircut.
Really liked his sucker.
Figured out he could try different kinds if he threw them on the floor.

Checking himself out in the mirror.

All cleaned up and such a handsome boy!
 
I'm a spaghetti mess!
But it was so good!
Don't you want to kiss this face?


No comments:

Post a Comment