On July 26, 2011 I finally became what I had always wanted to grow up to be. . . a mom. Fast forward a year and I'm loving every minute. I can't believe my baby boy is a year old. It seems like yesterday we were bringing him home with us and I was overwhelmed with how much I could love this tiny little guy. Although I was looking forward to him turning one, I was also a little sad that it came so quickly. Still working on that whole freezing time thing.
 |
| My tiny boy! |
We started his birthday week with a trip to visit Nana and Papa. Jessica and her kids came up for the week and we had a great time swimming and shopping. Harrison went to his first movie and lets just say it will be his last for quite a while. We stopped at the outlet malls on the way back for a little shopping and then headed home to get ready for his party. Josh worked really hard that week to get the floor finished and did a great job. More on that project in a later post.
Thursday was the big day! It was also a very hot day and since our air conditioner hasn't really been working, Josh and I spent the better part of the day shopping for and installing a window unit. After we all looked like we had melted (the cupcakes included) we kicked off the party with a nice meal and then Harrison opened his presents. He didn't really understand the concept but had lots of help from his cousin Ben (he's three and had been asking to open the presents all day long). We capped the night with cake and ice cream. Harrison was not shy about digging in and didn't even feel the need to use his hands most of the time. When he did, he liked to shake his hands back and forth and fling icing. I found some on the wall the next day. Harrison earned himself a trip straight to the bathtub while the rest of us enjoyed some cake and ice cream. After his bath he spent the rest of the evening playing with is cousins and his new toys. Thanks to all who came and celebrated with us. We had a blast!
 |
| I'm ready to party!! |
The Cakes!! (Mommy picked the theme!)
 |
| Eying his cake |
 |
| "Are you sure I can have this?" |
 |
| "It's mine now!" |
 |
| "No hands needed!" |
 |
| "This is so awesome!" |
 |
| Thoroughly demolished! |
 |
| Thanks for coming Grandma and Granddad! |
 |
| Everyone got to sign Harrison's baseball. |
No comments:
Post a Comment